About this Role: Cohesity seeks a dynamic Technical Product Manager with technical skills and deep market knowledge that span data protection, virtualization and cloud technologies. You will join our growing Product team to chart the course of our hyperconverged, scale-out systems that run both on-premises and in the cloud. Your contributions will accelerate our rapidly-growing business in the coming quarters and years.
- Analyze customer needs, target markets and trends, competitive environments needs to identify business opportunities to define, develop and bring to market the next generation of disruptive secondary storage solutions
- Become a Subject Matter Expert (SME) with the Cohesity Hyperconverged Storage Platform and use that expertise to detail solution requirements, use cases, solution architecture, best practices and enable field experts to demonstrate competitive differentiation
- Apply product experience, market knowledge and company's product capabilities to create solution blueprints, technical solution briefs, reference documents and validate with internal, external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Engineering, Support and Field expert teams to diagnose and resolve complex technical problems, performance issues reported by customers
- Responsible for creating Solution requirements, Project plan, Product and Competitive positioning, Technical and Sales collateral
- Position is located in San Jose, CA. Remote is NOT an option.
- Minimum 3-5 years experience with strong technical background in product management building/developing distributed systems related products (Virtualization, Storage, Cloud, Data Protection, Networking technologies)
- BS or MS in computer science, electrical engineering or similar field; MBA is a plus.
- Strong hands-on knowledge of storage technologies, NAS, SAN, protocols, and virtualization technologies is highly preferred.
- Must have had hands on experience in defining, demonstrating and presenting product architecture and capabilities
- Strong analytical skills with ability to perform product, market comparisons and develop competitive collateral
- Previous experience as a software engineer preferred
- Ability to influence and negotiate across all levels of the organization through strong working relationships
- Self starter with ability to work independently and effectively with ability to lead cross functional teams
- Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with competing priorities and solve complex problems with available resources