Our project exists at the intersection of Machine Learning and hardware, but is still under wraps so we can’t share much more detail. We’re a small team with an audacious goal and everyone on the team is involved in multiple aspects of the design and implementation.
As a Product Manager on the team, you’ll work closely with customers, with our engineers and the leadership team to develop a best in class software stack and make our product a dream to use.
X is a moonshot factory where uncomfortably ambitious, potentially world-changing new ideas such as self-driving cars, balloon-powered Internet and smart contact lenses are developed and taken out into the world. X projects have the potential to transform the lives of billions of people and make the world a radically better place. We’re a team of makers, entrepreneurs, engineers and scientists with deep technical expertise who love the challenge of the seemingly impossible. X was formerly known as Google[x].
- Work with our partners and customers in the Industry and across Google to gain a deep understanding of their applications and how we can create value for them.
- Develop product vision, use cases and product requirements by identifying needs and pain points for our customers.
- Collaborate with our Engineering teams to translate product requirements into a best-in-class software toolset with excellent usability.
- Work with teams across Google to ensure smooth delivery of our engineering commitments.
- BA/BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Machine Learning or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of Product Management experience, leading product delivery from inception to maintenance.
- MS degree or PhD computer science or artificial intelligence.
- Experience with (embedded) machine learning applications.
- Experience with hardware and software co-development and managing early stage projects or research efforts.
- Understanding of machine learning platforms or infrastructure technologies (e.g. Tensorflow, Torch, Theano, Caffe).
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to serve as a product champion.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.