About the Company
Plate IQ is transforming the way restaurants track and pay their bills. We give restaurants superpowers, helping them to automate their back office processes and providing them with valuable data and insights. We are working with thousands of restaurants around the country, including national restaurant chains, food trucks, and Michelin-star restaurants. We have offices in the San Francisco Bay Area and New York. The Product Manager will be based with the engineering team in the San Francisco Bay Area.
We are looking for a Product Manager to work on our core product to help us grow and scale. This exciting, high impact position will report to the Head of Product, interact with everyone in the company, and have the opportunity to impact all of our customers. We are looking for someone who is excited about having a multitude of responsibilities and who wants to grow with the company.
* Be an advocate for the customer and the business
* Regularly communicate with customers to understand their problems and gather requirements
* Assist Sales with high impact deals that have complicated requirements.
* Gather, understand, and document problems and requirements from customers, support, sales, and account management
* Collaborate with design and engineering to develop solutions
* Write and communicate user stories and requirements
* Work with marketing on new feature launches
* Track progress of sprints in the core product, help to unblock designers and engineers
* Ensure quality of the core product
* Work with partners on product integrations
* 1-4 years of Product Management (or related) experience building web and/or mobile applications
* Ability to juggle a lot of different responsibilities (see above)
* Exceptional listener - you can read between the lines of what customers are saying, you don’t jump to conclusions without understanding the problem
* Excellent written and verbal communication - you will be spending a lot of time explaining complex concepts and helping others to understand them, so you need to be able to communicate effectively and confidently
* Analytical, critical thinker - We have to balance customer feedback with data. You should be comfortable working with and synthesizing the two
* Self-starter with a desire to work in a growing company
* Some knowledge of restaurants, accounting, or finance is a plus
* Experience building a consumer product or mobile app is a plus
***To apply, please send a thoughtful note about yourself, why you are interested in Plate IQ, and what excites you most about the opportunity.***